Does your website engage, inspire, and compel your visitors to take action?
Many small businesses are missing opportunities by making their websites too cumbersome. Your website reflects your brand. In today’s digital landscape for small businesses, it’s crucial to have a simple yet captivating website.
A poorly designed complicated website will let your visitors make assumptions that tend them to leave when their questions are unanswered.
So you are missing potential opportunities! Here are three simple questions you should ask about your website.
- Is Your Website Message Simple and Relevant?
- Is Your Navigation Intuitive?
- Are Your Calls to Action Clear?
Web design is a complex topic, for that reason, it is best to know what you are doing. The principle behind these questions is to achieve a user-friendly website. Within 5 seconds of landing on your website, your visitors should determine what your company does.
Make a note of these 8 effective tips for small businesses, to start improving your web design.
1. Keep your homepage minimalistic and free of clutter
2. Design with visual hierarchy in mind
3. Create easy to read website content
4. Implement call to action
5. Avoid using carousels, sliders, tabs, and accordions
6. Ensure your site is easy to navigate
7. Mobile Responsive
8. Use social proof to make your site more attractive